Tuesday, November 12, 2013

ABERDEEN... MY NEW AREA!

Aberdeen, Hong Kong at night... My new area!                              
 
Yeah, so this week has been kind of hectic. I found out on Friday that I was moving... Because our zone leader is dying in the middle of the move, there is a mini move; President Hawks moves a couple people around so everyone has a companion. I happen to be one of those people. So, Friday night I find out. Saturday, I prepped my trainee for everything cuz I won't be there, but he'll be fine, I've taught my son well, haha. Then Sunday night the AP's came and got me and took me to Aberdeen which is on Hong Kong island, literally as far as you can go from where I was. No joke. I went from knocking on village doors about a stones throw from the Chinese border (seriously, last week we went that far north) to the southern part of the island, haha. 
 
Aberdeen, Hong Kong
 
On the ride here I was shell shocked, I'd never been to the island before. At night, it's crazy, all the light shows from the buildings and stuff, it's like what you would expect Hong Kong to be except even way more so. I actually live on a little island right off of the actual Hong Kong island. The translation is duck tongue island, haha. I'm not sure why, but they haven't built the MTR to this side of the island yet (they are in construction now), so we take a boat every morning from our island to the Hong Kong island, haha. It's pretty fun. I'll take pictures and show you. I just got here last night, so I don't know much about the area. My companion is a buhndeih and doesn't speak English... so I better pick up my Chinese otherwise it's going to be a long move, haha. 
 
And if that wasn't enough, they made me district leader, which I don't know how to do, but I'm getting trained on Wednesday, so hopefully that goes well, cuz I really don't want to ruin this area. From what I hear the ward is SUPER supportive and mission minded, so I'm excited for that. Really hoping we can push the work forward. I won't lie, I was pretty scared when they told me I was leaving. Kam Tin is all I've ever known, and I've been there for 5 months. I know what to expect, and I was comfortable there. It seems  right when I feel like "Yeah, I can do this, I got it," then everything gets flipped upside down, whether it's getting put out in Kam Tin to start with a buhndeih, training a new missionary as a baby myself, or getting plopped on the island as district leader with a buhndeih that doesn't speak English... It'll take time and a little bit of growing pains, but I'll get it eventually. That's all the mission has been anyway, so I don't know why I'd expect something different, haha. Well, continue to prey for me! I pray for you always! I will write letters when I get settled, I promise. Love you all, keep the faith, never give up!
 
Love,
 
Mahk Jeunglouh

No comments:

Post a Comment