Monday, June 24, 2013

TYPHOON WARNING, PROGRESSING INVESTIGATOR & MY ATTEMPT AT A GIANT PANCAKE!


My attempt at a giant pancake, haha!


Hey! So this week has gone by fairly quickly. Everyone keeps telling me the longer you're in the mission, the faster it goes. I haven't been here for long. (Believe me, I know haha), but it does seem to go by faster the harder you work. We are still here in Kam Tin. We had a stake youth finding activity which was really cool to see all the youth get excited for missionary work. 

Sister Moody is in my zone, so I see her every once in a while. She told me last time she saw me that her parents ask more about me than her, haha, so thanks Brother and Sister Moody :) She's a rock, though. Training after 9 weeks is absolutely insane, not even joking, but there are too many new missionaries!

It's been raining here for a few days. We got a typhoon warning which was cool, but I don't think it came. :( I really want to be here when a typhoon comes just to say that, haha.

We actually might have a progressing investigator, too!!! So stoked. I was on 24's with Elder Ward, who is from Tennessee, our district leader. Total stud. He only has like 4 more months. His Chinese is like bundeih status, too. One day, I'm going to be like that, haha. Anyway, we found her (well, he found her) and we taught her the restoration that night, at the mtr station. It was awesome, and we met with her again a few days ago. She couldn't come to church yesterday, cuz she had to work, but she wants to come next week, so I'll let you know how it goes. 

Thanks everyone! Pleeeeease write me! I love letters! Thank you so much Sister Mecham for writing me without fail every week, and also Kelly and everyone else. It really is nice. I only  have a little time on the computer, so emails are good, but letters are better, haha, even if they are dear elders. Love you all. Continue to pray for me! I pray for you every night.

Love,
Elder Mikesell

A lot of these cheuns (villages) have rivers running all through them. It's pretty cool.

It's basically a jungle here.




 
Meat Market

Coolest looking dog ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment