Monday, June 10, 2013

FIRST WEEK IN HONG KONG!

Hey! So, I've been here about a week... and I don't understand anything, hahaha, but it's all good though cuz I have an awesome bundeih (local) companion. His name is Elder Kwan, and he's pretty much the biggest stud I've ever met. He was converted about 2 years ago, his whole family is anti-Mormon and he decided 4 months ago that he was going to serve. It's pretty incredible... so, yeah, he hasn't been out for very long and he's already training me... and we've been assigned to open a new area... so we're starting from scratch. No investigators, no potentials, no recent converts, no in-active's, nothing. We are split between the yeunyat and yeunyi wards, and we've been told that we need a kamtin ward in 8 months. So, no pressure, haha. We do a lot of findings, lots of talking (well, I try but nobody knows what I'm saying) and lots of walking. It's crazy hot and humid here, too, but when it rains, it's not too bad... sorry I don't have a lot of time this week, but hopefully I can write more next week. Thanks for all your love and support and especially your prayers. Don't stop praying for me!!! Love you all.

Elder Mikesell


Elder Kwan and Elder Mikesell June 2013 Hong Kong
Elder Mikesell's first companion in Hong Kong!

Elder Mikesell, center, with other elders at the mission home
shortly after arriving in Hong Kong.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dear Brother and Sister Mikesell,

I understand this is a little strange. You do not know me, but yesterday I met your son who is serving his mission here in Hong Kong. I just want to write and let you know that your son is a wonderful missionary. He has not been in Hong Kong very long, and I am sure things a little strange to him right now, but he is doing fine. I visited with him a little bit and I was touched by his humble attitude! I know he will make a great missionary!

He has a hard working local companion and they are doing great. They are loved by the members and investigators. I took a picture of them and he gave me your email address. I promise him that I will send the picture to you and I think you will like it. I have a son serving a mission in Vancouver. He did not send very many pictures back and so I understand how happy parents are when they receive picture of their missionary son or daughter.

Brother and Sister Mikesell, thank you so much for raising such a righteous son and then making the sacrifice to let him serve a mission in Hong Kong. We are grateful for your sacrifice and we are thankful for Elder Mikesell who labor so diligently in serving the Lord and His children in this part of His vineyard!

Sincerely,
K.T.W.
Second Counselor
Mission Presidency
Hong Kong Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment