Monday, February 10, 2014

IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE AN AREA SEVENTY AS YOUR MEMBER FELLOWSHIPPER

So, we had a really good week. It was really busy... stressful and busy, but it went by fast. I like having things to do... it's really all I ask for, haha. When you have nothing lined up the whole week and you end up walking the streets trying to find someone to teach for 8 hours a day, that's when a week feels like a month. Anyways Sister Chan is doing really well, we are excited for her to be baptized. I wish her boys were a little older, they are 7 and 6 right now, so they have to wait a little bit until they can be baptized, but that's ok. Thanks for praying for her. She says she's going to cry when I leave, so she's decided that she is going to start saving money to come to Vegas and visit me in a few years, haha. She says she wants her boys to serve missions, which I think would be cool. Our other investigators are doing good as well. We had planned for Wayne to be baptized on the 16th as well, but he said he just wasn't ready yet. But we fasted with him yesterday, and had a good lesson with Elder Pon as our fellowshipper (he's one of the Asia seventy, but lives in our ward) so it's always good to have an area seventy as your member fellowshipper, haha. We set a solid date for March 3rd, and I believe he's more committed to it.
 
Our ward actually has 4 baptisms lined up next week! It's the most I've ever heard of in one day. The Aberdeen 1 elders found an awesome family a while back, and they are also getting baptized on the 16th. There is a 10 year older sister, a 13 year old brother, and a 19 year old sister. The mom isn't quite ready yet, and the dad has passed away, but they are good. I had to do the baptismal interviews cuz I'm district leader which was scary.. well terrifying.. I had never done one before, and I had to do 3 back to back... but I think it went well. We also had a member pass away last week, and we were invited to sing at his funeral. It was my first funeral in Hong Kong. Pretty much the same as America. It was weird though cuz I had just visited him less than a week before he died, and he seemed fine. I mean he was 80 years old, but other than that he seemed ok. I guess it was good that it was sudden. His wife is pretty out of it though.. but they were sealed in the temple to each other, so it's all good. Oh also we just found out that Elder Holland is coming on the 25th, so that should be a good meeting. Though I'm excited to meet him I'm pretty scared of him... so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the updates, love and support. I love you all. I talked to Alec and he seems to be doing well. Loving the MTC. Keep the faith, never quit, just keep swimming.
 
Love,
麥長老  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment