Sunday, April 26, 2015

LAST ONE!


Well, this will be my last email to you guys. Sorry, I know I haven't emailed as much as I should lately. It's hard to remember what's going on and when it happened and whether or not I already told you, but to be honest it's kinda hard to explain. I can't speak well, let alone type what is going on, haha. But wanted to show my appreciation and the support everyone has given through emails, packages, letters, and prayers. It still hasn't really hit me yet, but I'm sure it will eventually. I also want to say sorry in advance for my crappy English when I get home. I've been reading the dictionary lately to get it back up to par, but it's pretty bad. I thought that my English getting worse was a result of my Chinese getting better, but they both kinda suck, hahaha.

This last week was really good, we worked hard and were able to see some cool things come out of it. Just wanted to let everyone know I love them and am excited to see you all. Hope a bunch of people can make it to the airport so I can see you, but if not, no big deal, I'll see you eventually. Hong Kong was way different in some aspects and what I expected in others, but the surprises outweigh what I expected by a ton. The mission in general is not what I thought it was. I learned a lot. Mostly the hard way because I'm pretty prideful, haha. I feel like I just got here in some ways, but at the same time, America, home and family and friends just seem like some dream, like I've always been here, doing what I'm doing. It will be weird going back. I know it will be a hard adjustment. I've gotten used to everything about China. I can't imagine being in any different kind of environment, let alone the white people. I'm terrified of white people, haha. But I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for everything, love you all. Add oil! Just keep swimming, never quit, until we meet again. 

Love,
Elder Mak

No comments:

Post a Comment