Saturday, June 28, 2014

DEAF LESSON WITH SISTER MOODY



June 22, 2014

Thanks Sister Moody for the picture!

It's been a really busy transfer week. We got new missionaries in and had a group leave, which was sad because I knew them all and they were good friends. It's been hard to keep up with some stuff, but I'm getting more used to the new area. We were also able to teach a deaf less active which was cool. Sister Moody, who is serving in my ward too, was meeting with her but wanted me there to try and communicate more with her. She's really nice and super funny. We have permission for our next lesson to bring Sister Chan from my last area with us to teach and fellowship her which will be awesome! Hoping to try and get her to come back because right now she is going to an all deaf church, but we think if we can get her some deaf friends in the Pok Fu Lam Ward, even though it's farther, she might be willing to come. 


We also had a guy named Mr. Lau come to church today, and he really liked it. It was super funny cuz we found him in Aberdeen but found out he lived in Sham Shui Po (where I am now) and scheduled a turn over lesson with the Sham Shui Po elders, but it turns out that I was turning him over to myself because I moved here, haha. Other than that, it's just been a lot of adjusting. Thanks for everything, love you all, keep the faith, never quit, just keep swimming.

Elder Mak


No comments:

Post a Comment